Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 30, 2009

How to Sell Home Quickly

Help! I have to move soon, and I need to sell my house before I move. But I can't seem to attract any purchasers and I have had no offers at all. What can I do to sell my house quickly in 2009? This will be the most common concern among sellers in 2009, and for various reasons discussed below. But even in a slow market, it's possible to sell your home quickly. You just need to have the three P's in place -- proper pricing and preparation. If you set your asking price to high (as many sellers do), your home is going to sit on the market for months. I promise you that much. The same is true if you fail to prepare the home for the market (staging, repairs, modernization, curb appeal, etc.) Competition for buyers is fierce right now. So when you sell your home, you need to go above and beyond to make it appealing. Anybody who's serious about selling in this market will know this, and they will put in the extra effort. So if you fail to make such an effort in this market, your house will stand out in a negative way.

No comments: